27 April 2011

Investing in the Philippine Stock Market

I have been a member of Bro. Bo Sanchez' Truly Rich Club since November 2010 and since then I have learned how easy and rewarding it is to invest in the Philippine Stock Market thru Citiseconline (COL).  In his book "My Maid Invests In The Stock Market," he clearly defined the difference between investing in the stock market and trading in the stock market. The risk level of the later is higher as compared to investing. He mentioned that 85% of traders in the stock market loses their money. Even if you have studied the psychology of the stock market, though it is predictable, one is still not sure whether the market will go up or down.


During my childhood, the only idea that I have with the stock market is its very chaotic, noisy environment where people are shouting, running around from table to table, feelings of frustration and celebration from different people in their neat and fancy suits. This is actually what I have seen in the television and the images are still vivid. Then growing up, I have known that the stock market are for very rich people risking tons of their money to earn more. My high school friend who used to be a broker in the stock market offered me to go into the trade with a starting capital of Php500,000! This amount was for real but I know he is joking around on me giving him that humongous amount simply for trading!


This impression suddenly changed when I have read Bo's book where I was easily convinced with investing in the stock market. Good thing that the minimum participation amount of just Php5,000. 
With this amount, I can start buying shares from big and steadily growing companies and at the same time, when they profit, I will also be receiving dividends from them which I can use as additional investment to their companies. It might sound complicated but as soon as I signed up with COL's 7-day free promo, I was able to get use to the interface of their website, observe the ups and downs of the different companies, I have learned to easy it is to buy and sell shares from the different companies, and most importantly, which companies experts suggest that are good buys. Step by step on how to venture in the Philippine Stock Market can be seen on COL's website. They also have a program called COL Easy Investment Program (EIP) which they define as a simple and more convenient way of investing in the stock market by using the Peso-Cost Averaging method.  
The COL EIP is ideal for investors who have small amount of capital, minimal to zero experience in stock market investing and with little time to spare in trading in the stock market.
from COL's Homepage
I have learned the discipline of setting aside part of my salary for investment purposes. So far, I have followed the COL EIP Program and in 5 months since I started, my investment grew up to 12.27%!!! Not bad for starters! Something which I definitely will not achieve when I simply deposit the money in the bank or even when I enroll it with time deposit. I am aiming for a long time investment in the market for my retirement fund. In a way, I will also be able to avoid the inflation which we have been constantly experiencing.

One thing was made clear, if I am to venture in the stock market, I should invest and not trade.

1 comment:

  1. hi Justger, congrats on the new blog. I've just updated my blogroll with your new URL. take care, your friend Michael

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...